Friday, February 15, 2013

Router Alley Cisco Guides

Hi there! If you're looking at this 'About' page, you are either bored, or lost, or perhaps confusing me with someone interesting and important. Those looking for blackmail material are only a Google search away from finding pieces of me spread across the Internet. (The facebook page with my name on it is a fake - a practical joke by some of my more mischievous students. Last time I checked, it states that I'm a 4-foot-10 bodybuilding scientologist, who likes Yanni and cries while watching Sixteen Candles. I am greatly offended by this - I would never listen to Yanni).




So here's the professional rundown. I go by the name of Aaron Balchunas in real life. A couple of people tried to call me "sir" or "Mr. Balchunas," but sadly were never heard from again. Check out my Resume if you wish (warning, may cause blindness).



I'm currently co-owner of Simpli-Tech, Inc., a network consulting company. Why the name Simpli-Tech? Because we're Simplifying Technology for the masses! The world is our oyster! We've managed to stay busy and afloat despite the crumbling economy, which proves that God does have a sense of humor. We finally have a website as well: Simpli-Tech website.



For seven years, I was a part-time instructor for Baker College, teaching Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCSP courses. I also designed the curriculum. Which meant that anything and everything wrong with the program was (and still is) my fault. I always assumed that someone would catch on to this (they didn't), and come after me with torches and pitchforks (they haven't). For now, I have taken a hiatus from teaching, after graduating my last group of students.



I will miss the teaching, the labs, and especially the students. I was blessed with fantastic students over the years. And, despite all my shortcomings, they stuck with me - through grueling labs and marathon lectures and crazy stunts that provoked the wrath of campus security (okay, the students loved that part). I will teach again, once I've determined which part of the country to spend the next several years of my life (may Michigan rest in peace).



Though my teaching hobby is on hold, this site will stay up. And I'll do my best to keep it updated as much as possible. This site started as a place to post my lecture notes, study guides, and labs - and I see no reason for that not to continue.



Why provide this material free of charge? Why not?



Fair warning, I make no claims of being an expert - in many ways I'm still a student just like all of you. Anyone worth their salt (and not a pathological liar) will admit that IT professionals/geeks are permanent students. Thus, please use the material on this site with caution. It is quite possible I have made mistakes. I would like to hear from you if you find any errors. Please berate me. I don't bite back. Usually.



I have become serious about making another run at the CCIE. My last attempt was over three years ago, and it's time to get masochistic again. I loved taking the CCIE the first two times, even as it left me bloodied and splattered on the floor. Passing it on the third attempt has a nice symmetry to it. And I will be humbler and better prepared to be a routing demigod, than if I had passed the first time. =^)



I hope you find the information on this site helpful. All I ask is that you don't steal, sell, or alter my work. I'm not entirely without ego - I will hunt you down.



Thanks for stopping by. Please pop in and say hello on our Forum. The old forum got obliterated by my former (awful) hosting company, so this new forum is a bit bare. Feel free to post something anyway. Watch out for the grue.

0 comments: